Sunday, March 24, 2013

大少爺的 Little Singer Trip 感言

On a sunny morning in Friday, I woke up and ate breakfast.  We were supposed to go to school, but we are going to Los Angeles to perform!  Around 9:00 am, our bus left to go to L.A.

While we were passing Gilroy, we started watching “Finding Nemo”.  After a while, I realized that I could watch TV!  Usually, I get carsick when I watch TV in the car, but now I’m not.  45 minutes later, we arrived at our first bus stop, a place in the middle of nowhere that has a McDonalds.  When I went off to use the bathroom, I realized that the place was super windy, and it smelled like cow manure.  When we finally got on the bus, we saw lots of tumble weed (they are these twigs growing together that rolls over land). Our second bus stop was at the Getty Center.  It is a museum that displays many artworks and sculptors.  2 hours after we left Getty Center, there was a big sigh of relief as the bus pulled into the Hilton parking lot.  We had a short rehearsal, then I finally fell asleep around 10:30 pm.

The next day, I felt super tired.  It was the day we were going to perform. After breakfast, we had a long rehearsal in the cafeteria, and Mrs. Kwok told us the things we needed to remember while on stage.  A few minutes later, we were all on the bus and heading towards the performance place.  When we arrived there, I was a little confused, because I thought that we were performing in Disneyland.  When I was walking into the theater, my mind was thinking about my parents’ feedback from the pre-trip performance.  On stage, it felt awesome performing in front of the judges.  After we sang, a judge came up on stage and told us how we did.  He pretty much said that everything was good.  After lunch, we went to a cathedral.  It was really beautiful, like it was made out of crystal, and the bathrooms were so pretty!  It looked like the bathrooms in a mansion.  Beside the cathedral there was a steep grass hill.  It was cool running up and down the hill.  At night, we had an award ceremony in Disneyland.  At first when they announced that Crystal Choir won a gold, I was a little confused, because that could mean another Level 3 choir in Crystal Choir might have won a gold, but after the show, Elizabeth said that we won a gold trophy.  I finally slept at around 12:15pm.

On Sunday, we checked out of the hotel early in the morning. We did this so that we could play at Disneyland. We played until 12:00 pm. Then, we ate lunch at Hungry Bear’s restaurant. At 1:00 pm, we stopped at the exit for my mom to pick me up.

6 days later, I woke up really excited, because we were going to get our trophy! I never had a trophy in my life before, and now I am getting one! Around 5:15 pm, Mrs. Kwok and 鄭老師 awarded us our trophies. I felt really proud holding mine. I couldn’t wait to show my grandparents my trophy.  After all, it was a super awesome trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment